Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) is seeking one individual to fill one open seat on the Credentialing Steering Committee, the governing body for GBCI’s professional credentials.
GBCI administers a suite of credentials that validate and recognize those who demonstrate competencies related to environmental sustainability and human health as they relate to the built environment. These credentialing programs are governed by the Credentialing Steering Committee (CSC), a body with balanced composition that represents the diverse stakeholders who hold its professional credentials. Each seat represents a different industry sector and GBCI credential. Credentials include LEED Green Associate, LEED AP BD+C, LEED AP Homes, LEED AP ID+C, LEED AP ND, LEED AP O+M, SITES AP and WELL AP.
During this call, we are seeking a member to fill the seat of a Public Member. This individual offers a relevant perspective (such as that of an employer, building owner or other industry stakeholder), but is not a GBCI credential holder.
The application period will close on Tuesday, Oct. 15 at 5 p.m. PST.
- Does not hold a GBCI professional credential
- Has experience in administering and creating professional credentials
- Complies with the CSC Charter
- Demonstrates expertise in the area of practice associated with that seat
- Attends at least two-thirds of all calls within the two-year term
- Agrees to the GBCI Code of Professional Conduct agreement
- Has knowledge of ANSI’s Personnel Certification Bodies accreditation under the ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Standard for Conformity assessment—General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons
- Knowledge of exam development best practices
- Experience with international green building rating system implementation
The two-year term for this open seat begins on Dec. 1, 2019, and ends on Nov. 30, 2021.
Meetings typically occur from 4–5 p.m. Eastern Time on the second Thursday of each month and are held remotely via WebEx.
GBCI will review survey respondents to identify a group of potential candidates. These potential candidates will be notified of their consideration and asked to confirm interest in this position. If interested, their biographical information will be presented to the CSC, who will vote to recommend one committee member to be approved by the GBCI Board of Directors.
Anyone interested in submitting a nomination or self-nomination for a seat on the GBCI Credentialing Steering Committee should complete the GBCI CSC nomination form no later than 5 p.m. PST on Oct. 15.