Greenbuild Europe 2019 in Amsterdam is more than a conference—it’s days of inspiration, learning and celebration and includes nearly 50 hours of educational content from which to choose. Taking place March 19-20 at the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre, the event promises so much to see and do that we’ve provided a list to help you make the most of your Greenbuild experience.
1. Networking and celebrations
In 2018 at Greenbuild Europe, nearly 400 leaders, experts and frontline professionals dedicated to sustainable building convened in Berlin. Sectors represented included architecture, construction, nonprofits, professional services, real estate and more.
Greenbuild also serves as a meeting place for those in the green building community to connect, exchange strategies and deliver solutions. This year we’ve added a new component to the show—an exhibition space that allows you to connect directly with industry leaders. This area also features the IWBI Lounge.
2019 Greenbuild exhibitors:
2. Continuing education hours
Attendees will have the opportunity to earn 10 GBCI continuing education (CE) hours through education sessions and plenaries. Earn additional CE hours by attending one of the preconference workshops (additional registration required).
- 7 CE hours | LEED for Building and Interior Design and Construction: Understanding the newest update to the rating system—LEED v4.1
- 4 CE hours | Safe and Circular: Rethinking Materials
- 3 CE hours | 2019 GRESB Real Estate Assessment Training—Introductory
- 3 CE hours | 2019 GRESB Real Estate Assessment Training—Advanced
3. GBCI Certification Work Zone
The GBCI Certification Work Zone will be open Tuesday, March 19 and Wednesday, March 20, so you can talk with GBCI staff, reviewers and assessors and discuss questions about specific projects or rating system requirements. Schedule an appointment.
4. Speakers and plenaries
Greenbuild speakers are at the heart of our education and main events. Attendees will hear from a number of other key voices in green building, including:
- Henk Ovink, Special Envoy, International Water Affairs, Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Leyla Acaroglu, Founder, Disrupt Design and The UnSchool, 2016 Champion of the Earth, Science and Innovation
- Mahesh Ramanujam, U.S. Green Building Council and Green Business Certification Inc.
5. Women in Green
Women in Green is an interactive event that features discussions on the topics facing women around the world. This year's theme, "Culture of Courage," celebrates the crucially needed and deliberate voice that women bring to society and to the green building movement. Speakers include:
- Claudia Gonella (moderator), Marketing and Communications Director, GRESB
- Francesca Galeazzi, Team Leader for Sustainability and Simulation, WELL AP, ARUP
- Lonneke Löwik, CEO, INREV
- Marie Sallois, Director of Corporate Development, Brand and Sustainability, International Olympic Committee
Book your room at the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre by March 4 for special hotel room rates (starting at €209, including Wifi and VAT). Book your room, or contact the hotel directly via email or phone at +31 20 519 1234 and reference the promotion code "Greenbuild Europe."